Tips and Warnings when Buying and Selling
Cheap internet access rates and public forums have made it easier for people to interact with one another and earn a little money on the side. The down side is that it has also started to attract dubious characters looking for the cheap buck.
Tips and Warnings for the Buyer and Seller:
1. Always try to meet the person you are dealing with face to face. If he/she is always making excuses of not being able to meet with you, chances are he/she is from out of town and is just scamming you to part you with your money.
2. Don't get fooled by cheap prices and offers too good to be true. Ask around on what the average price is usually for the item that you are buying. If the item is newly released and priced very low, chances are it is just a scam.
3. Take time out to inspect and test the product you are buying. That way defects and wrong product specs can be detected right away.
4. Always ask for a warranty, be it a couple for a couple of days. A seller who is willing to give a warranty is a good sign that he/she is not out to scam you.
5. Use the feedback portion of this site to rate a transaction and give feed back to the person you were dealing with.
6. Be extra cautious of people not from Davao. Although this site is open to users not from Davao, be wary of people who have no feedback and are asking for payment through anonymous means (Western Union, GCash, etc.), not to mention those who tell you that the money has already been sent and you should send the item to them already.
Hope you keep these in mind when transacting, that way you and your hard earned money will be parted on good terms.
- The Davao Exchange Team